John Revay sent me an email suggesting I write a post on The Board Of Directors. I’ve got a better idea, a whole MBA Mondays blog series on this topic. I have come to enjoy the series format for MBA Mondays. It works well.
So I will write a a few posts on this topic:
- the role and responsibilities of the Board Of Directors
- how a Board Of Directors is selected, elected, and evolves
- the role of the Board Chairman
- Board chemistry and why it is so important
- Board meetings, how to make them work well
- Board committees – audit, comp, and governance
If I’m missing something important, please let me know in the comments.
Then I’ll invite several guest posts. I have a few people in mind who I’ve come across over the years who know a lot about this topic. I’ll probably end with three or four guest posts.
It should be a good series. I’m looking forward to writing it.
This article was originally written by Fred Wilson on February 27, 2012 here.